No matter how small a company is, human resources (HR) is a key area that is crucial to the success of a business.
HR focuses on activities relating to employees. HR may set strategies and develop policies, standards, systems, and processes that implement these strategies in a whole range of areas.
The following are typical of a wide range of organizations:
- Recruitment and selection of employees
- Organizational design and development
- Business transformation and change management
- Performance, conduct and behavior management
- Industrial and employee relations
- Compensation, rewards, and benefits management to retain employees
- Training and development